Water Filtration System Repairs in Kensington
Has your water tasted or looked a bit weird lately? For most Kensington homeowners, their water filtration systems don’t even cross their minds when thinking about potential plumbing issues. Your home’s water filtration system is typically taken for granted and usually forgotten about when compared to the various other plumbing fixtures inside of your home. However, it’s one of the most essential pieces of plumbing equipment that should not ever be neglected. You shouldn’t take the risk of contaminated water making its way into your pipes and entering your clean water lines. When imminent disaster strikes and water filtration system repairs are needed, it’s crucial that you have the most effective plumbing team right by your side.
An issue with your water filtration system might start with issues with the quality of your water. Once your water filter begins to fail, it will start to affect both the taste and the quality of your drinking water. It will start to appear muddy, and the water will taste very bad, like a salty or metallic taste. The sooner you notice the problems with your water filtration system, the better the water filtration system repairs will go for our professional team. Master Plumbing offers total water filtration system repairs in Adams Morgan to help you out in an emergency!
How Can I Tell My Water Filter Needs a Replacement or Repair?
Water is essential for survival, so you must ensure you’re consuming healthy and clean water daily. If you are using a fridge water filter, you might want to know whether it is doing the job it is supposed to. But how can you really tell if there is something wrong?
How Long Do Water Filters Last on Average?
Water filters and water softeners are commonly both used in water treatment to help improve the overall quality of water for a specific end-use. Plenty of water filters go up to six months. However, it still depends on the usage of the water filter. Different water filtration systems come with different kinds of materials. Each water filter has its maximum limit of purifying water. There are different factors that determine the overall lifetime of the water filter. Those are:
- Quality of the water in your area
- Capacity of the water filter you’re using
- Model and make of your fridge
- Daily usage of the water filter
How To Tell Your Water Filter System is in Need of Repairs in Kensington
Different water filtration systems use various types of water filters to filter out the water. There can be multiple signs you can look for that will help determine if you need to swap out or repair the water filter in your Kensington home. A few defining major signs tell when a water filter system repair is needed. They are:
- Decrease in Water Pressure or Flow Rate: if you notice a decrease in the flow of water leaving your water filter, it can be because your water filter might be totally clogged up. In such a case, you have to replace the water filter entirely then.
- Bad Tasting Water: When your water filter begins to fail, it will start to affect both the taste and the quality of your drinking water. The water will start looking muddy and taste bad with a metallic and salty taste. In this situation, a water filtration system repair is needed immediately.
- Faucets Making Weird Sounds: One of the other signs is, once your filter doesn’t work correctly, you might hear some weird noise. If you hear these sounds always, then you might need to swap out the water filter.
Professional Kensington Plumbers Ready to Help
At Master Plumbing, we have a fully-staffed, certified, and equipped team of plumbers who are all experienced in the plumbing industry. From water heater replacements, sewer line repairs, or any smaller fixes you may need, Master Plumbing can give you a hand with whatever plumbing problems you might be experiencing in your Kensington residence.
We want you to know that your home’s plumbing system is in the right hands with us. Not only will we complete any required repairs and replacements in an efficient and timely manner, but we will also make sure that everything is working correctly moving forward.