A cracked or damaged pipe, water leak, or any other plumbing system malfunction can be extremely costly if not taken care of in a timely manner. As soon as you notice any type of damage or system failure, call in the experts at Master Plumbing right away! Even small amounts of water can cause lots of damage to your home. In fact, studies show that the majority of water-related insurance claims were related to drain malfunction or pipe failure. Here are some ways you can mitigate some of these risks.
Pipe failure repair can cost thousands of dollars, even after homeowners’ insurance. Fortunately, there are some small things that you can do to prevent pipe failure from causing a problem in your home:
- Keep the thermostat at a minimum of 60 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter, and drip faucets on unusually cold days.
- Make sure pipes are properly insulated.
- Replace old metal pipes.
- Call Master Plumbing as soon as you notice anything out of the ordinary.
A backed-up drain can cause lots of problems, no matter where it is in your home, especially the sewer drain. We aren’t talking about the drains that you see next to the curb on the street, but the pipe that takes sewage out of your home to the city’s sewage treatment facility. Follow these tips to prevent damage to this vital plumbing component:
- Plant trees far away from underground plumbing lines.
- NEVER pour grease down your drains. It solidifies inside the pipes and builds up to create blockages.
- Contact Master Plumbing to install a backflow prevention mechanism.
Trust Master Plumbing for All of Your Residential and Commercial Plumbing Needs
Give Master Plumbing a call at (301) 650-9100 or contact us online to get more information on how our expert plumbers can help you with your plumbing leaks (or just about anything else plumbing related!). We have received Angie’s List Super Service Award recognition for plumbing and drain cleaning every year since 2007, in addition to the Best Plumber award from Best of Bethesda. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and our service is unparalleled. Give us a call today—you won’t regret it! To see examples of our projects, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.